This is Bianca. She is a marketing guru and business woman, She approached me about her personal branding and decided she needed some Stylish Headshots for her various online profiles. We set up a day & time and got her in the studio. I have known Bianca since she was a baby and she has matured into a beautiful young woman. She is smart and savvy and has alot of style. Bianca was a delight to shoot and i think she managed to pull off a look that says confident, approachable, cool & stylish. I love her shots !
Gold Coast Fashion & Modeling Photographers
This is Chloe. She is a Social Media expert. She was leaving to go on an 8 month working holiday around the States with her family and needed some headshots before she left. We managed to fit her in before she flew out and we captured some great shots. Personal Branding is so important nowadays never more so than online. There is more & more to see and take in online these days so people are spending less & less time on anyone item. Your image needs to be able to capture someones eye in an instant and hold it.
Social Media is here to stay, I don’t think there is anyone that will dispute this. Will it remain in the format that it is today is probably the multi- billion dollar question. There would be I am sure, plenty of smarter people than me working on what will probably be the next big thing. I do however think that personal branding will become more & more important & that out own personal profile will take on a greater & greater significance across all of the platforms.
How much should we pay for a good Headshot ? There are a few things to consider-
1. budget 2. Use 3. market
Budget or how much can we afford. This is always the burning question. I would break it down like this and I will briefly touch on use as well. If I am a business man or woman and i need to put my profile Image on my website. I am using this website to attract customers. We know that customers are more & more looking to connect with service providers and form a relationship. Marketeers are telling us that we need to have a profile Image on our website. If your image starts to become the hub of your personal profile because we also know that people are also becoming more image conscious, how much should we pay?
There are a multitude of options out there but I think you should be looking to pay anywhere from $200 -$500 per Headshot shoot. This, I believe would guarantee quality & is reasonably inexpensive when you break it down. Headshots should stay current for 3 years, maybe 4. Is less that $100.00 per year expensive for a major part of our marketing profile ? If you are an actor, your Headshot is THE cornerstone of your ability to attract casting directors, again, $100.00 per year doesn’t seem like much for a good quality well lit headshot. Lets face it we don’t want our profile Image to look like our drivers license or passport photo, do we ?
A lot of people have been asking about my Headshot Style, why do i shoot like that ? Here is a little bit of an explanation –
There are a couple of reasons –
1. It comes from the movies, whenever you see a close up on a movie or on TV it is often cropped like this. It actually started with major Acting Headshot photographers who wanted to give casting directors a look at how the actors would look in a closeup !
2. I like the proximity and having my subjects eyes above the center line. ( Photography Rule of Thirds)
3. It also gives my images a unique look that hopefully is recognisable.
4. There is nothing really all that exciting about the tops of peoples heads
5. The white background means it is versatile across pretty much all forms of online activity from Social Media to Websites.
6. The horizontal format suits our eyes better because our eyes are next to each other, not on top of each other so it easier to look at and the white space is more interesting
7. People LOVE It, anyone from corporates to models to carpenters are requesting this style of Headshot for their profiles, facebook, linkedIn etc etc
8. I think it looks really really cool. There is nothing anywhere, that i could find that says that your corporate Profile Image has to look like a passport photo or drivers Lic. picture.
My technique and coaching session allows just about anyone to have really cool Headshots. If you have a squiz at my portfolio you can see that not everyone here has the features of Brad Pitt but they all have one thing in common, they look cool !
I hope that explains. Why don’t you come in and have a session !
This is John from Total Garden Solutions