A lot of people have been asking about my Headshot Style, why do i shoot like that ? Here is a little bit of an explanation –
There are a couple of reasons –
1. It comes from the movies, whenever you see a close up on a movie or on TV it is often cropped like this. It actually started with major Acting Headshot photographers who wanted to give casting directors a look at how the actors would look in a closeup !
2. I like the proximity and having my subjects eyes above the center line. ( Photography Rule of Thirds)
3. It also gives my images a unique look that hopefully is recognisable.
4. There is nothing really all that exciting about the tops of peoples heads
5. The white background means it is versatile across pretty much all forms of online activity from Social Media to Websites.
6. The horizontal format suits our eyes better because our eyes are next to each other, not on top of each other so it easier to look at and the white space is more interesting
7. People LOVE It, anyone from corporates to models to carpenters are requesting this style of Headshot for their profiles, facebook, linkedIn etc etc
8. I think it looks really really cool. There is nothing anywhere, that i could find that says that your corporate Profile Image has to look like a passport photo or drivers Lic. picture.
My technique and coaching session allows just about anyone to have really cool Headshots. If you have a squiz at my portfolio you can see that not everyone here has the features of Brad Pitt but they all have one thing in common, they look cool !
I hope that explains. Why don’t you come in and have a session !